Senior Accounting Associate
MCD Global Health
Posted: Saturday, September 30, 2023
Salary: The salary posted is based on the State of Maine market, a successful candidate will receive an offer based on the market rates in their state.
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Hallowell ME office and/or Remote
MCD Global Health is a nonprofit global health organization recognized in the United States and around the world as a leader, innovator, and trusted partner.
Our Vision & Mission:
We envision a world in which all people have access to high quality and enduring solutions to improve and maintain their health and well-being. MCD aspires to be a premier partner of choice and an internationally recognized leader, innovator, and trusted partner in applied, cross-national public health solutions. Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of people worldwide through enduring, high-quality, cost-effective, and universally accessible public health solutions.
The Senior Accounting Associate Assists the Director of Finance with monthly financial reporting, budget preparation and other regulatory reporting as necessary. This position also performs accounting services and financial reporting for MSO clients, some which require grant report filings. The Senior Accounting Associate is responsible for performing bank and other account reconciliations, bank deposits, General Ledger postings and other accounting duties as necessary. This person records and reports on the investment fund performance, and approves journal entries and batches prepared by staff. Finally, this role serves as a backup for Accounts Payable and Payroll Coordinator when needed.
Job Duties/Essential Functions:
- Assist Director of Finance with preparation of monthly internal financial statements
- Perform financial analysis as assigned
- Assist with the budget preparation
- Assist in the annual audit preparation
- Assist Director of Finance with other financial and regulatory reporting as needed
- Perform accounting and financial reporting for MSO clients including filing monthly, quarterly, and close out reports for grants
- Perform monthly and quarterly reconciliations to supporting documents for bank, payroll withholdings and other balance sheet accounts as assigned
- Approves journal entries and AP, payroll batches prepared by accounting staff
- Post cash receipts for international, public health and corporate divisions
- Make bank deposits
- Performs Visa P-card administration (password resets, limit maintenance, etc)
- Provides back up for wires and ACH transfers
- Provides backup for accounts payable and payroll
- Reconciles and provides documentation for the investment fund
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or financial related field with minimum of 2 years related work experience, preferably with a non-profit grant based organization.
- Grant accounting financial knowledge
- Strong writing, editing, and interpersonal communication skills are essential.\
- Detailed knowledge of all current Microsoft Office software programs as well as experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge financial management software and any other budgeting software programs necessary to perform the work is essential.
The salary posted is based on the State of Maine market, a successful candidate will receive an offer based on the market rates in their state.
To apply, please follow this link: https://mcdglobalhealth.recruitee.com/o/senior-accounting-associate
Medical Care Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MCD strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations for employees, contractors, and other representatives.