Program Associate: Food Security Connector
MCD Global Health
Posted: Friday, September 8, 2023
MCD Global Health
105 Second St., Suite 2A
Hallowell, Maine 04347
MCD Global Health is a nonprofit global health organization recognized in the United States and around the world as a leader, innovator, and trusted partner.
Our Vision & Mission:
We envision a world in which all people have access to high quality and enduring solutions to improve and maintain their health and well-being. MCD aspires to be a premier partner of choice and an internationally recognized leader, innovator, and trusted partner in applied, cross-national public health solutions. Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of people worldwide through enduring, high-quality, cost-effective, and universally accessible public health solutions.
Healthy Lincoln County is currently hiring a Food Security Connector. This position primarily focuses on Healthy Lincoln County’s Food Security projects to enhance food access within Lincoln County. Projects may include: coordination of the Lincoln County Gleaners as well as creating and maintaining partnerships throughout Lincoln County to enhance food access to residents.
A successful candidate will have experience in program planning, implementation, evaluation and grant reporting experience. It is strongly encouraged that applicants are a resident of the Lincoln County area, or midcoast region.
The Food Security Connector will:
- Coordinate work plan activities for Healthy Lincoln County’s Food Security Projects including but not limited to Lincoln County Gleaners, Food Security and Mobile Outreach programming, as well as working in tandem with HLC SNAP Educator and Summer Meals Coordinator to coordinate access to local produce in community settings.
- Develop and maintain detailed work plans for meeting identified project goals and objectives, as determined by program requirements, obligations to grants and funders, and identified needs.
- Assure completion of activities and deliverables as outlined in grants or contracts
- Complete and submit grant reports as required
- Develop and use process and outcome evaluation tools to document measures of success
- Track day-to-day expenses and work with the Team Leader to assure project expenses are appropriate and allocated correctly
- Assist in business development activities to support the project’s sustainability, such as fundraising, or developing new grant proposals to secure financial support for the projects.
- Recruit, coordinate, and retain a network of volunteers to support implementation of project’s goals and objectives
- Develop and implement communications and marketing materials, working with the Team Leader to ensure strategic and coordinated use of media channels, as well as culturally competent and evidence-based practices to ensure literacy and comprehension for the target audience
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the projects, including but not limited to farms, law enforcement, schools, community recreation agencies, and other partners.
- Negotiate for the use of community assets and resources through MOUs and other formal and informal agreements
- Apply basic human relations skills to internal collaborations, motivation of colleagues, and resolution conflicts
- Integrate the findings from quantitative and qualitative data into organizational operations
- Implement organizational and system-wide strategies for continuous quality improvement
- Interpret demographic, statistical, programmatic, and scientific information for use by professional and lay audiences.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field is preferred; however equivalent related work experience may be considered.
- Strong writing and interpersonal communication skills and cultural competence are essential.
- Grant experience is preferred, including reporting and evaluation of grant projects.
- Detailed knowledge of all current Microsoft Office software programs as well as any other software programs necessary to perform the job.
- Knowledge or experience of food systems and/or agriculture preferred but not required.
- Knowledge and familiarity of Lincoln County preferred.
Please apply using the link below:
Medical Care Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MCD strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations for employees, contractors, and other representatives.