Growing Healthy Kids Program Management Specialist
MaineHealth/Healthy Oxford Hills
Posted: Thursday, November 30, 2023
Salary: Please inquire
Do you enjoy being physically active and working with youth and families in schools and communities? If so, this is the position for you! Healthy Oxford Hills, the Community Health department at Stephens Memorial Hospital/Western Maine Health, is seeking a qualified, self-motivated, and energetic individual to assist with the coordination and implementation of our Growing Healthy Kids program. Growing Healthy Kids is part of the Roberts Farm Experiential Learning Program, a collaboration program between the Oxford Hills School District, the Western Foothills Land Trust, and Healthy Oxford Hills. The goals of the Growing Healthy Kids program are to expand physical activity programming across the Oxford Hills region and encourage students to build healthy habits in physical activity and nutrition.
A successful candidate must have the ability to work within a team and independently to collaborate with schools, child care facilities, after school programs and communities to increase physical activity and nutrition opportunities among participants. Coordinates and implements all specific program elements, communications and activities in collaboration with members of the healthcare team and appropriate community entities in order to increase the health and wellbeing of the community served.
This position is responsible for implementation, evaluation and oversight of assigned programs. The Program Management Specialist will draft program work plans, monitor day to day activities, timelines and other operational aspects of assigned programs, including development of program materials and tools. With minimal direction, may lead one or more small programs.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in health care related field preferred.
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: 2+ years of program coordination work experience. 2-4 years of health or related work experience.
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical acumen or subject matter expertise for programmatic tools (e.g. Microsoft office suite, Survey Monkey, SmartSheet)
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Strong prioritization skills
- Able to collaborate well with all stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to model professional behavior by working as a high functioning team member, respecting others, and maintaining open and honest communications
Additional Information With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations across Maine and New Hampshire, you’ll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the communities that surround it. We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow – programs such as paid parental leave, a flexible work policy, student loan assistance, training and education, along with well-being resources for you and your family. MaineHealth remains focused on investing in our care team and developing an inclusive environment where you can thrive and feel supported to realize your full potential. If you’re looking to build a career in a place where people help one another deliver best-in-class care, apply today.