Community Health Worker
Waldo County General Hospital
Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2023
Salary: Please inquire
Flexible Hybrid Schedule after initial 3-4 weeks of initial training.
Community Health Workers (CHW) are both respected members of the communities they serve and key members of the health care team. CHWs positively impact the health of our patient populations through addressing the social, medical and community problems that may contribute to poor health. The CHW will assist patients to access health resources/services, support disease self-management and will assist in the coordination of culturally appropriate care and services for our patient populations.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- License/Certifications: Candidates must possess a valid Maine driver’s license, maintain a clean driving record and have a personal vehicle available for work use.
- Experience: Must have lived experience in the community being served. If relevant, bilingual in English and any languages specific to the communities being served.
- Must be a resident of the community being served with good knowledge of the resources of their community.
- Experience in outreach, customer service, social service, or related field preferred.
- Experience in translation is preferred if relevant to the community being served.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency (verbal and written) in specified language.
- Ability to carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to exercise judgment in the application of professional services.
- Comfortable with home visits and community or targeted outreach to patients who share a common background (life experience, socioeconomic status) with the candidate.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office suite
MaineHealth is a health system whose members and affiliates include hospitals, physician practices, long-term care facilities, home care agencies, and support services. Learn more about this system at www.mainehealth.org.