Associate Program Manager – Finance Manager (ELC Grant)
MCD Global Health
Posted: Sunday, October 8, 2023
MCD Global Health
105 Second St., Suite 2A
Hallowell, Maine 04347
MCD Global Health is a nonprofit global health organization recognized in the United States and around the world as a leader, innovator, and trusted partner.
Our Vision & Mission:
We envision a world in which all people have access to high quality and enduring solutions to improve and maintain their health and well-being. MCD aspires to be a premier partner of choice and an internationally recognized leader, innovator, and trusted partner in applied, cross-national public health solutions. Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of people worldwide through enduring, high-quality, cost-effective, and universally accessible public health solutions.
We are looking to bring on board a public health professional to join our team and serve as an ELC Finance Manager to work with the State of Maine CDC Covid Response Program.
This position will provide: (1) grant coordination services including financial and programmatic support, and (2) grant reporting and documentation as a member of the Infectious Disease Epidemiology Team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate and participate in ELC grant and financial meetings
- Track grant deliverables and ensure on time reporting to federal CDC
- Monitor and facilitate contracts, invoices, and ensure correct funding lines
- Identify barriers to progress and work to eliminate them
- Support ELC grant writing and performance measure reporting
- Participate in and contribute to overall Infectious Disease Epidemiology Program planning and evaluation activities
Additional duties as reasonably assigned. Work is performed under administrative direction.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a diverse team focused on growing our impact in the public health field.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, business, management, computer science, finance or related fields, and 4 years of relevant experience.
- Communication skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, business, management, computer science, finance or related field.
- At least two years of relevant work experience
- Principles and practices of epidemiology and public health surveillance
- Statistics and statistical software
- Data collection and management
- Infectious diseases, including risk and transmission
- Medical terminology
- Word processing software, email and internet use, spreadsheets or analysis programs
- Project management
- Pay attention to detail
- Organize, disseminate, and report public health information
- Be flexible and reprioritize during the workday
- Work as a team leader and team member
- Communicate with local partners
- Work independently, including being a “self-starter”
- Facilitate groups
- Speak publicly
- Possess an attitude that fosters a respectful, non-threatening workplace environment
Location: Hybrid, Augusta, Maine. This position may routinely work remote up to three (3) days per week. Remote work environment must have reliable internet connection and ability to hold confidential conversations.
Job Type: This full-time, 40-hour per week position will be 8am-5pm. This is a grant-funded position through July 31, 2024. This position is eligible for MCD’s benefit package.
If you are interested in applying please use the link below:
Medical Care Development (MCD Global) is an equal opportunity employer.