The following is a listing of events that might be of interest to those in Public Health.
Our theme this year is Safety Culture: It starts in ME, and so we continue to solicit your input and support as together we seek to move the needle on patient safety in Maine. To that end, we are delighted to tell you that our keynote speaker, Dr. Bryan Sexton, is returning to the Patient Safety Academy to share with us in two plenary sessions his research and tools on workforce resilience and the intersection of safety culture and psychological safety. Participants may choose from workshops on topics such as infection prevention, adverse drug events, telehealth, high-reliability organizations, patient engagement, and medication reconciliation led by Maine and regional experts.
Click here – PatientSafetyAcademy2016_Eflyer – for a copy of the flyer with the event information.
Fifth Annual LET’S GO! 5-2-1-0 National Childhood Obesity Conference
Join us for two days of exploration into the role of food as medicine. Nancy Chen, PhD, Professor of Anthropology at University of California- Santa Cruz and author of Food, Medicine, and the Quest for Good Health, will kick off the event by addressing the cultural and historical contexts of food, medicine, and health. Then, using the American Academy of Pediatrics’ Institute for Healthy Childhood Weight’s Algorithm for the Assessment and Management of Childhood Obesity as a pathway, we will explore the role of food in prevention, management, and treatment of childhood obesity and related health conditions. We hope you will join us in September 2016!
Key topics to be covered at the Int’l Zika Conference include:
• Microcephaly and Neurological Disorders.
• Vaccine Candidates
• Travel-Related Cases.
• Locally Transmitted Zika Virus
Breakout sessions include:
• Recommendations for Vector Control Agencies
• Recommendations for Health Departments
• Zika, Pregnancy & Birth Defects
• Prevention & Education Strategies
• Lessons learned
For a copy of the full agenda, go to http://nordtree.com/ZIKV/
SAVE THE DATE!
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Camara Jones, MD, MPH, PhD, APHA President – Research Director on social determinants of health and equity in the Division of Adult and Community Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion.
More information to come.
If you would like to list an event on our website (a free service for current MPHA members), please send the following to email@example.com: Name of Event, Short Description, Web Link to the Event, Registration Information
New Touched by Tobacco Video
- Have you seen our latest news? https://t.co/5zy0fd2daA https://t.co/QyVqAS4nq6
- Check out our most recent newsletter! https://t.co/5zy0fd2daA https://t.co/pgZZfYpKNY
- MPHA Sizzle, Sponsor and Participate https://t.co/5zy0fd2daA https://t.co/i63Ui9YzzL
- Have you seen our latest news? https://t.co/kQCBmmp5sc https://t.co/30jpHxvRXP
- The Gift of Risk. https://t.co/kQCBmmp5sc https://t.co/Nck9zcjDwt