The following is a listing of events that might be of interest to those in Public Health.
SAVE THE DATE – An Interprofessional Conference on Population Health
This conference will inspire and educate healthcare professionals in all fields about Population Health. A keynote address will provide participants with deeper understanding and appreciation of the significance of this component of the Triple Aim. A second plenary will focus on priority health needs in Maine, and the roles that healthcare professionals, hospitals and communities can and should play in addressing them. To close the morning, participants will choose two of three breakout sessions.
More information coming.
Maine’s Annual Conference on Problem Gambling Awareness
Participants who attend this conference will:
- Gain an understanding of gambling addiction among the older adult population.
- Learn about how to complete comprehensive screening for gambling addiction.
- Understand concerns related to gambling in the workplace.
- Learn about data collected in Maine in addition to learning about emerging trends in the US regarding gambling and how these may impact Maine.
- Learn more about effective Prevention gambling strategies.
Achieving Real Well-Being: Calling All Stakeholders
This year we are honored to have Tony Buettner as our keynote speaker. Tony is a national presenter for Blue Zones. Tony will present what we know works (and doesn’t work) in creating healthy populations. Don’t miss this rare opportunity! We will have breakout sessions, networking, a healthy breakfast and lunch and of course, prizes and fun.
Early registrants are eligible for a discount.
This annual conference brings together nationally recognized speakers and presenters on a wide array of topics in tobacco treatment including new evidence, research, and innovative treatment strategies. Plan to attend and network with colleagues from the tobacco treatment and control community in Maine and beyond.
More information and registration link coming in February – http://ptm.event.com/hub
If you would like to list an event on our website (a free service for current MPHA members), please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org: Name of Event, Short Description, Web Link to the Event, Registration Information
New Touched by Tobacco Video
- Help your kids learn about healthy dating relationships: https://t.co/ntGKlV1G1M
- Find out what you can do today to lower your risk for heart disease. #Americanheartmonth
- MPHA conference committee is looking for a few good minds to join our team. We meet monthly (phoning in is always an option), are able to...
- Read about a public health measure supporting needle exchange- LD1552. https://t.co/V5B4ghawnY https://t.co/f7i6hsiARU
- February is Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month. Learn more: https://t.co/G0IcujykR5 #datingviolence