The following is a listing of events that might be of interest to those in Public Health.
The Supreme Court’s decision in King v. Burwell is a big one for the Affordable Care Act. So where do we go from here? In this webinar, APHA will highlight the public health implications of the decision and discuss the work necessary for the ACA to fulfill its promise of affordable care for all.
Supporting Children and Youth in Learning – Anytime – Anywhere – Anyone
Keynote Speaker: Kenneth Ginsburg, M.D., M.S. Ed
Registration opens February 15th.
For more information – http://www.pydi.net
Join us this September in Portland, Maine! Experts and healthcare providers from across the country will gather at the Fourth Annual Let’s Go! 5210 National Childhood Obesity Conference to discuss the assessment, management and treatment of childhood obesity.
SAVE THE DATE AND PLAN TO ATTEND.
National leaders in the fields of public health and safety discuss the changing landscape of today’s marijuana.
- Thomas J. Gorman, Director, Rocky Mountain High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area
- Scott Gagnon, Director, Smart Approaches to Marijuana, Maine Affiliate
- Dr. Stuart Gitlow, MD, MPH, MBA, DFAPA, President of the American Society of Addition Medicine
A daytime workshop at Morgan Hill Event Center in Hermon (registration required, time to be announced).
An evening event at the Gracie Theater at Husson University (free and open to the public, time to be announced).
More details coming soon.
Dr. Bryan Sexton, Director, Duke Patient Safety Center, will present a 2-part seminar on the science of enhancing resilience. Dr. Sexton’s research on safety culture, teamwork, and resilience have resulted in assessment tools used worldwide. He will discuss practical strategies to manage stress in the healthcare workplace, cope with change, and manage fatigue.
Choose from 8 workshops covering medication safety, patient engagement, infection prevention, and others.
The Rising Tide Awards for 2015 will be presented, Nominations are now open.
To learn more, nominate your patient safety champion for the Rising Tide Award, and to register, go to http://www.usm.maine.edu/muskie/psa.
SAVE THE DATE!
Full agenda and registration will be out soon, so please mark your calendars.
Workshops will include: Financial Hot Topics, Revenue Maximization, Health Center Board Governance
Sessions will include: “Providing Care to Diverse Patients in the “Whitest State”
Health Center Highlights:
- “Seventeen Organizations Improving Access, Quality and Especially Coordination of Behavior Health Services.”
- “Communication & Analytics: Old School meets New School to Improve Patient Care.”
- State & Federal Updates
SAVE THE DATE
The impact of mental health and substance abuse disorders at the workplace have significant implications on a host of issues ranging from lost productivity to higher health care costs. This conference brings together experts from across Maine and the United States to cover a wide number of related issues including the business case for addressing mental health/substance abuse, legal implications, family support, innovative employer models, EAP support, resiliency and much more.
Registration Information Coming Soon!
If you would like to list an event on our website (a free service for current MPHA members), please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org: Name of Event, Short Description, Web Link to the Event, Registration Information
New Touched by Tobacco Video
- RT @AmerHeartME: Powerful local videos, familiar faces in the @MainePHA "Touched by Tobacco" campaign. #MaineAHA is a proud partner. https:…
- Strength in Numbers #constantcontact http://t.co/Hw3RgHtsNs
- RT @AmerHeartME: Powerful local videos, familiar faces in the @MainePHA "Touched by Tobacco" campaign. #MaineAHA is a proud partner. https…
- #changethetune https://t.co/q7ZhOrYdIY
- MJ had a bad week in ME. And we couldn't be happier. Read more from our partner @maine_SAM https://t.co/g35y5PXO2T …