Health Program Manager
Opening Date: March 20, 2019
Closing Date: April 3, 2019
Job Class Code: 4240
Grade: 26 (Supervisory)
Salary: $47,798.40 – $65,457.60/yr.
Position Number: 02000-2466
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) provides supportive, preventive, protective, public health and intervention services that protect the public health and assist our customers in meeting their needs.
The mission for the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention (Maine CDC), within which this position is located, is to develop and deliver services to preserve, protect, and promote the health and well-being of the citizens of Maine.
You will serve as an Asthma Program Manager within the Chronic Disease Prevention Program. The core function of this program is to improve asthma control among children and adults in Maine and prevent emergency room use and hospitalizations.
You will also:
• Supervise the Asthma Program staff;
• Manage the Asthma Prevention and Control grant which includes grant writing, planning, implementation, budgeting, reporting, and contract management;
• Oversee the surveillance, evaluation, and communication activities related to asthma prevention;
• Work closely with other teams within the Chronic Disease Prevention Program;
• Serve as liaison for internal and external stakeholders.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or Health Sciences, Health Education, one of the Behavioral Sciences, Public Administration, or Education -AND- three (3) years of experience in health program planning, development, implementation, and evaluation -OR- an equivalent seven (7) year combination of education, training, and experience.
Preferred candidates will have:
• Excellent team leadership skills
• Knowledge of and experience with U.S. CDC grant management requirements
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Understanding of chronic diseases prevention methods
• Knowledge of provider and patient training methods
• Knowledge of health communication methods
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to interpret surveillance and evaluation findings
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with internal and external partners
For additional information about this position please contact Dr. Nona Tsotseria, Senior Health Program Manager, 207-287-3267.
To apply, please upload a recent resume, cover letter and transcript (transcript needed only if education is used to meet minimum qualifications). To request a paper application, please contact Ashley Vigue at Ashley.Vigue@maine.gov. Job site may be found here.
Value of State’s share of Employee’s Retirement: 15.37% of pay
Value of State-paid Dental Insurance: $13.13 biweekly
Value of State-paid Health Insurance*:
Level 1: 100% State Contribution = $444.68 biweekly (employee pays nothing)
Level 2: 95% State Contribution = $422.45 biweekly (Employee pays: 5%)
Level 3: 90% State Contribution = $400.21 biweekly (Employee pays: 10%)
Level 4: 85% State Contribution = $377.98 biweekly (Employee pays: 15%)
*The level of actual value of state paid Health Insurance will be based on employee’s wage rate and status with regard to the health credit premium program as of July 1, 2018.
The Department of Health and Human Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.