Program Coordinator - Alzheimer's & Related Dementias
MCD Global Health
Posted: Wednesday, November 8, 2023
MCD Global Health
105 Second St., Suite 2A
Hallowell, Maine 04347
MCD Global Health is a nonprofit global health organization recognized in the United States and around the world as a leader, innovator, and trusted partner.
Our Vision & Mission:
We envision a world in which all people have access to high quality and enduring solutions to improve and maintain their health and well-being. MCD aspires to be a premier partner of choice and an internationally recognized leader, innovator, and trusted partner in applied, cross-national public health solutions. Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of people worldwide through enduring, high-quality, cost-effective, and universally accessible public health solutions.
We are looking to bring on board a Project Coordinator to lead the facilitation and implementation of the US CDC Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias Cooperative Agreement. This position will work closely with the Maine CDC, Maine Primary Care Association (MPCA) and Public Consulting Group staff on all aspects of program implementation, monitoring and program evaluation.
The successful candidate is a highly- motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently, together with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Strong communication, networking, and group facilitation skills are essential. This role requires the ability to handle multiple projects, responsibilities and deadlines effectively, as well as the ability to use and incorporate data into program design.
This is an exciting opportunity to help build a program from the ground up, and to be part of a diverse team focused on growing our impact in the globally in the public health field.
This is a hybrid role with 2 days in Office and 3 days remote.
The Alzheimer’s Program Project Coordinator leads the implementation of initiatives identified in the Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias Prevention Grant including:
- Serve as the Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias (ADRD) Program Coordinator
- Lead the implementation of the initiatives identified in the Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias Prevention Grant.
- Working with contracted partners and manage contracts
- Convening monthly ADRD Prevention Program Meetings with partners, to promote sharing of best practices and collaborate to ensure project requirements are met
- Participating in ADRD meetings, webinars, and conference calls as required and appropriate
- Collecting, organizing, and disseminating educational materials about ADRD and evidence-based prevention strategies
- Cultivating relationships with multiple partners, within and outside of Maine DHHS, to identify and implement promotion and coordination efforts
- Providing ongoing departmental support as needed.
- Organizing, coordinating, and participating in health education activities to develop community awareness and encourage individual participation.
- Working with community agencies, health care organizations, and other related groups to develop health promotion and education programs
This position will be supported by Maine CDC’s Chronic Disease Prevention and Control program, with primary responsibilities of project facilitation and implementation of the awarded US CDC Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias (BOLD) Cooperative Agreement.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent of education and experience. (A combination of four (4) years of education, training, and/or experience in health, public health, or related field.) Master’s level training in related field is a plus.
- Collaborative leader: with the ability to engage, build trust and promote diversity.
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships with diverse partner organizations.
- Ability to exercise good judgment within a context of competing priorities, agendas, and partner sensitivities.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills - communication, networking, group facilitation.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities and have a sense of urgency with deadlines.
- Ability to establish priorities for organization, staff, and self.
- Strong communication skills: ability to listen well, write, and speak effectively.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to meet required deadlines.
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated cultural competence are essential.
- Knowledge of financial planning, budgeting, resource planning, and procurement processes
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher)
- Knowledge or experience with paraprofessionals or service navigator roles in healthcare is a plus.
Medical Care Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MCD strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations for employees, contractors, and other representatives.
MCD Global Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable to access our career website or need other accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
MCD has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with its aims and objectives, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination. MCD also adheres to strict child-safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.