HLC Program Assistant
MCD Global Health
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2023
MCD Global Health 105 Second St., Suite 2A Hallowell, Maine 04347
MCD Global Health is a nonprofit global health organization recognized in the United States and around the world as a leader, innovator, and trusted partner.
Our Vision & Mission: We envision a world in which all people have access to high quality and enduring solutions to improve and maintain their health and well-being. MCD aspires to be a premier partner of choice and an internationally recognized leader, innovator, and trusted partner in applied, cross-national public health solutions. Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of people worldwide through enduring, high-quality, cost-effective, and universally accessible public health solutions.
Healthy Lincoln County is currently hiring a Project Assistant. This position will assist on most projects at Healthy Lincoln County, including substance use prevention and harm reduction work, food security initiatives including the Lincoln County Summer Meals program, as well as assisting the Director in administrative office tasks. A successful candidate will have experience as an administrative assistant or is new to the public health field and is looking for an exciting opportunity to work on a multitude of projects.
The Healthy Lincoln County Program Assistant candidate should possess a high work standard, be adept at setting priorities and anticipating needs. This shall include, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide a broad range of word processing functions, as well as correspondence and reports, utilizing Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, Adobe, and other programs as necessary.
- Process, track, and acknowledge donations received by Healthy Lincoln County
- Coordinate arrangements for virtual and in-person meetings, workshops, and training programs to include travel and accommodations, registrations, correspondence, and logistics, including setting up audio-visual equipment, assisting with materials, and evaluations.
- Create and maintain databases for assigned project/s.
- Monitor and track HLC social media reach, and work with project staff to ensure social media content calendar is full, relevant, and appropriate
- Assist with collection and organization of information for project grant applications and reports.
- Assist with financial processes, including verifying expenses against monthly financial reports, prepare and code invoices in preparation for accounts payable, prepare monthly credit card receipts, prepare invoices to funders
- Update marketing materials as necessary.
- Record, type and distribute minutes/notes for assigned meetings.
- Act as liaison between the department/project and internal/external groups and respond to internal and/or external requests for information, as appropriate.
- Oversee office administrative tasks including facilities (e.g utilities, maintenance requests), supplies, insurance/licensing, building access, etc.
- Greet visitors to the office in a professional and friendly manner • Liaison for Lincoln County Summer Meals programming: connect with partners to coordinate summer programming, assist in data tracking and program trainings.
- Provide assistance to HLC programs as assigned Knowledge,
Qualifications and Skills:
- Associate’s degree or technical degree required; Bachelor’s degree is preferred; however, equivalent related work experience may be considered.
- Strong writing and interpersonal communication skills and cultural competence are essential.
- Detailed knowledge and high proficiency with all current Microsoft Office software programs as well as any other software programs necessary to perform the job are essential.
- Valid Maine driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to work in office setting Monday through Friday, with some evening and weekend events on occasion.
If interested, please apply using the link below do not email: https://mcdglobalhealth.recruitee.com/o/hlc-program-assistant
Medical Care Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MCD strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations for employees, contractors, and other representatives.