Healthy Lincoln County Food Systems Coordinator
MCD Global Health
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2023
MCD Global Health 105 Second St., Suite 2A Hallowell, Maine 04347
MCD Global Health is a nonprofit global health organization recognized in the United States and around the world as a leader, innovator, and trusted partner.
Our Vision & Mission:
We envision a world in which all people have access to high quality and enduring solutions to improve and maintain their health and well-being. MCD aspires to be a premier partner of choice and an internationally recognized leader, innovator, and trusted partner in applied, cross-national public health solutions. Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of people worldwide through enduring, high-quality, cost-effective, and universally accessible public health solutions.
Healthy Lincoln County is currently hiring a Food Systems Coordinator. This position primarily focuses on Healthy Lincoln County’s Food Security projects to enhance food access within Lincoln County with special attention and focus on connecting farm partners to resources related to SNAP and EBT services, a part of a three- year USDA grant.
A successful candidate will have experience in program planning, implementation, evaluation and grant reporting experience. It is strongly encouraged that applicants are a resident of the Lincoln County area, or midcoast region.
The Food Security Connector will:
- Work to understand the mission, roles, and goals of each food security program/project/ initiative serving Lincoln County in order to build trust and nurture relationships.
- Educate Lincoln County's food security network about availability of nutrition resources and connect them to needed services.
- Identify gaps in poverty and food security resources.
- Facilitate connections between local farms to Maine services for SNAP/ EBT benefits.
- Develop & disseminate user-friendly marketing tools for farms & farmers markets to engage customers, promote that they accept SNAP, WIC, Maine Harvest Bucks, and/or other benefits as needed.
- Implement on-site marketing & shopper education strategies at farmers markets, to promote and clearly explain the multiple benefit programs available at the markets and how they work (e.g. SNAP, WIC, Maine Harvest Bucks)
- Provide direct support & TA to vendors & shoppers utilizing or processing SNAP/EBT & WIC transactions at farmers markets to assist in ease of access at the point of service, as well as to inform improvement of marketing & training tools.
- Provide general coordination of food security initiatives at Healthy Lincoln County.
- Work with other HLC food security staff to meet project deliverables and identify areas for growth.
- Establish and maintain business development activities to seek additional funds to secure and sustain the food security work at Healthy Lincoln County.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field is preferred; however equivalent related work experience may be considered.
- Strong writing and interpersonal communication skills and cultural competence are essential.
- Grant experience is preferred, including reporting and evaluation of grant projects.
- Detailed knowledge of all current Microsoft Office software programs as well as any other software programs necessary to perform the job.
- Knowledge or experience of food systems and/or agriculture preferred but not required.
- Knowledge and familiarity of Lincoln County preferred.
Medical Care Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MCD strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations for employees, contractors, and other representatives.
MCD Global Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable to access our career website or need other accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
MCD has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with its aims and objectives, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination. MCD also adheres to strict child-safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.