Finance Manager (ELC Grant)
MCD Global Health
Posted: Wednesday, December 27, 2023
MCD Global Health
105 Second St., Suite 2A
Hallowell, Maine 04347
MCD Global Health is a nonprofit global health organization recognized in the United States and around the world as a leader, innovator, and trusted partner.
Our Vision & Mission:
We envision a world in which all people have access to high quality and enduring solutions to improve and maintain their health and well-being. MCD aspires to be a premier partner of choice and an internationally recognized leader, innovator, and trusted partner in applied, cross-national public health solutions. Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of people worldwide through enduring, high-quality, cost-effective, and universally accessible public health solutions.
We are looking to bring on board a finance professional to join our team and serve as Finance Manager for the Epidemiology and Lab Capacity (ELC) Grant as part of the State of Maine CDC Covid Response Program.
This position will provide: (1) financial and programmatic grant coordination services support, and (2) grant reporting and documentation as a member of the Infectious Disease Epidemiology Team.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a diverse team focused on growing our impact in the public health field.
- Coordinate and participate in ELC grant and financial meetings
- Track grant deliverables and ensure on time reporting to federal CDC
- Monitor and facilitate contracts, invoices, and ensure correct funding lines
- Identify barriers to progress and work to eliminate them.
- Support ELC performance measure reporting
- Participate in and contribute to overall Infectious Disease Epidemiology Program planning and evaluation activities
- Additional duties as reasonably assigned
Work is performed under administrative direction.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Public Health, business, management, computer science, finance or related fields, and 4 years of relevant experience.
- Communication skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, business, management, computer science, finance or related field.
- At least two years of relevant work experience
- Finance practices
- Data collection and management
- Medical terminology
- Word processing software, email and internet use, spreadsheets, or analysis programs
- Project management
- Pay attention to detail.
- Organize, disseminate, and report public health information.
- Be flexible and reprioritize during the workday.
- Work as a team leader and team member Communicate with local partners.
- Work independently, including being a “self-starter”.
- Facilitate groups.
- Speak publicly.
- Be comfortable seeking answers to questions
- Possess an attitude that fosters a respectful, non-threatening workplace environment.
Location: Hybrid, Augusta, Maine. This position may routinely work remote up to three (3) days per week. Remote work environment must have reliable internet connection and ability to hold confidential conversations.
Job Type: This full-time, 40-hour per week position will be 8am-5pm. This is a grant-funded position through July 31, 2024. This position is eligible for MCD’s benefit package.
MCD Global Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable to access our career website or need other accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
MCD has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with its aims and objectives, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination. MCD also adheres to strict child-safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.