Do you have a passion for public health and working with a team to promote health and wellness within worksites and schools? Medical Care Development, Inc. (MCD), a nonprofit public health services organization is accepting applications for a Project Assistant for the WellStarME and School Oral Health Programs to join our team! This position will be housed at our Augusta office. The Project Assistant position is a non-exempt, full-time 40 hour per week position that is eligible for MCD’s benefit package. This position is funded through June 30, 2023, with anticipated continued funding.
The Project Assistant will provide staff support for the WellStarME and School Oral Health Programs. The position requires a person with strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail and follow through to meet deadlines. This position will interact with key internal and external stakeholders and must possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
The Project Assistant will provide a professional level of customer service and support to staff, external partners and key stakeholders, and provide administrative support to project staff, including meeting management (room scheduling, creation of materials and minutes), scheduling support, updating outreach materials, coordinating project reporting and other duties as requested. This role also provides customer support to all who contact the WellStarME and School Oral Health Programs, including by phone line and email inbox. For the WellStarME Program, the Project Assistant helps with fielding questions from employees, spouses, and domestic partners to connect them to the appropriate health benefit resources. For the School Oral Health Program, the Project Assist helps field questions from field hygienists and school nurses. The Project Assistant also inputs data into various sources (Excel, Access, online forms, etc.) as directed by Project Managers, and assists with development of various program materials.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in health related field is preferred; equivalent related work experience may be considered.
- Competencies among successful candidates are expected to be consistent with those identified by the Public Health Foundation Council on Linkages as Level I.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and demonstrated cultural competence are essential.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage workload and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet required deadlines.
- Detailed knowledge of MS Office programs as well as other software necessary to perform the job.
The successful applicant will be a creative thinker, energetic, self-starter who enjoys new challenges and is able to function comfortably in a fast paced team environment or independently and relate well to co-workers, stakeholders, and the public. This position requires flexibility and the ability to manage time and multiple tasks with limited direct supervision.
This position offers a career path to growth and development within the organization. MCD deeply values diversity, inclusiveness, empowerment, and collaboration.
Position: Entry level
Location: Augusta, Maine
Projected start date: Immediately
NOTE: All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. To apply, please submit the following:
- A cover letter and resume
- Your salary expectations
- Two writing samples
- Three professional references
Applications should be sent to MCDCorpHR@mcd.org. Position is open until filled. Please ensure to send all of the requested information to be considered. No phone calls please. Medical Care Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Organization.