MEDICAL CARE DEVELOPMENT POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT – Information Technology Assistant
Medical Care Development (MCD) is a global public health, non-profit organization incorporated in the state of Maine, with a Corporate Division based in Augusta, Maine, a MCD Public Health (MCDPH) Division also based in Augusta, Maine that operates across the United States, and a MCD International (MCDI) Division based in Silver Spring, Maryland that operates in more than 15 countries in Africa, Latin America and Asia.
We are currently looking for an Information Technology Assistant to join our team. This entry level position will be housed at MCD’s corporate office in Augusta and is an exciting opportunity to become part of a global mission-driven organization. The IT Assistant position is a non-exempt, full-time 40 hour per week position that is eligible for MCD’s benefit package.
The IT Assistant is responsible for providing on-site IT support to the Augusta office and remote support to all users, including international field offices as needed. This position reports directly to the IT Manager. The IT Assistant will work in close collaboration with other IT staff at headquarters and in the Maryland office.
The responsibilities of this position include administering user-facing network components, associated software applications, and peripherals within an on-prem Windows environment. In addition, this position will include assisting the IT Manager with the administration and maintenance of on-prem Active Directory and Office 365, installing end-user hardware and software, repairing computers and peripheral equipment, working with vendors for part replacement, orienting and training MCD staff in the use of desktop applications, and providing front line technical support.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Associate’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or similar program. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 0-2 years technical hands-on experience with Windows based environments, networking, and applications.
- Workstation, printer, and peripherals maintenance experience.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and a willingness to provide support to all levels of computer literacy.
- Ability to follow instructions and routinely track and report on work output/issues.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and as a team player.
- Experience or familiarity with Jira and Confluence, especially Jira Service Desk.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server 2012-2019 including Hyper-V and Server Core technologies.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP.
- Has performed Jive/GoToMeeting administration.
- Experience with router (wired and wireless) configuration and general networking concepts.
This position offers a career path to growth and development within the organization. MCD deeply values diversity, inclusiveness, empowerment, and collaboration. Position: Entry level Location: Augusta, Maine Projected start date: Immediately Application Requirements NOTE: All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Your salary expectations
Applications should be sent to email@example.com. Position open until filled. Please ensure to send all of the requested information to be considered. No phone calls please. Medical Care Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Organization.