Governor’s Office of Policy Innovation & the Future
Public Service Executive II – Strategic Partnerships & Communications Coordinator
SALARY: $72,904.00 to $115,481.60 annually
OPEN FOR RECRUITMENT: December 24, 2019
CLOSES: January 10, 2020
The Governor’s Office of Policy Innovation and the Future (GOPIF) serves as a key coordinating office, working collaboratively with other State agencies and stakeholders, to address critical long-term issues facing the State of Maine.
The Strategic Partnerships and Communications Coordinator will lead communications and strategic partnership work for GOPIF. The role will support various high-level coordination efforts, based on GOPIF’s and the Governor’s key initiatives. Major areas of policy focus include the Maine Climate Council, energy and climate issues, workforce development, children’s issues, opioid response and prevention efforts, and support for innovative economic development programming. Position will manage office communications on key policy issues, in partnership with the Governor’s Office, which may include press releases, speech writing, graphic design support, social media, and stakeholder communications. The position will also coordinate communications and expanded partnerships between state-led groups and other key partners who may include the business community, non-profit sector, foundations, federal officials, municipalities, legislators, and other key stakeholders.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE:
- Strong communications and/or public relations background with excellent writing and oral communication skills, and experience with social media
- Strong administrative and organizational skills and at least four years of program management or relevant coordinator experience
- Ability to partner with State Commissioners and key state leaders, including legislators, business owners, municipal representatives, non-profit and foundation groups, and others. Any past experience with these types of partnerships is helpful.
- Meeting facilitation skills and experience is preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with state policy issues, legislative processes and state government preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please visit the following website and apply online: http://www.maine.gov/fps/opportunities/
Please submit a cover letter, resumé and references.
The value of State’s share of Employee’s Retirement: 19.27% for Confidential Positions. The value of State-paid Dental Insurance: $14.31 biweekly. The value* of State-paid Health Insurance:
Level 1: 100% State Contribution (employee pays nothing): $461.75 biweekly
Level 2: 95% State Contribution (employee pays 5%): $438.66 biweekly
Level 3: 90% State Contribution (employee pays 10%): $415.58 biweekly
Level 4: 85% State Contribution (employee pays 15%): $392.49 biweekly
*The level of the actual value of state paid Health Insurance will be based on the employee’s wage rate and status with regard to the health credit premium program.