Health Educator Specialist – Prevention & Healthy Living, 40 hrs
149 North Street
Waterville, Maine, 04901
MaineGeneral Health is a leading health care system that is proud of the culture of excellence, compassion and collaboration that extends to our customers and caregivers. We are committed to attracting talented, ambitious people who share our values and strive to provide excellent customer service. We are offering an exciting full time opportunity for an individual to join our team as Health Educator Specialist. The primary role of this position is to assist the Program Coordinator with the development and implementation of activities for Substance Use Prevention and Expanded Recovery grant in the MaineGeneral Health service area. If you have a passion for service excellence, we want to hear from you!
- Assists Prevention & Healthy Living Team with needs assessments, program design, implementation and evaluation.
- Prioritizes multiple tasks and projects to ensure timely completion.
- Maintains data tracking spreadsheets, inputting data and performing quality assurance audits.
- Assists with special events and projects, communicating with partners/sponsors and ensuring availability of resources/materials.
- Interacts and responds to patients and communities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Community Health or related field preferred
- 1 or more years of health education instruction experience is preferred
- Group facilitation experience and skills
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) preferred
- Substance Use Prevention experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency in a suite of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work independently, effective time management and problem solving skills, able to manage multiple priorities
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Confident and effective oral and written communication skills
- Generous earned program plan
- Robust employee wellness program
- Full time benefits package to include, health, dental, and retirement plan options