Project Manager – Healthcare Associated Infections Specialist
Do you have a passion for public health assisting Maine’s population with Healthcare Associated Infections? Medical Care Development, Inc. (MCD), a non-profit, public health services organization is accepting applications for a public health professional to join our team and serve as the Project Manager for the Healthcare Associated Infections Specialist (HAI). This position will be housed in Augusta with staff at the Maine CDC office. The Project Manager position is a full-time, 40 hour per week position that is eligible for MCD’s benefit package.
The Project Manager HAI Specialist will support the core function of the Healthcare Epidemiology Program, and perform duties as assigned by the HAI Coordinator at MeCDC. Responsibilities include serving as a subject matter expert for Healthcare Associated Infections (HAI) and Antibiotic Resistance (AR), responding to HAI and AR public health threats such as outbreaks and emerging multi-drug resistant organisms, working with healthcare facilities to assess for gaps in infection control, and developing action plans for mitigation of gaps. This position uses data for action to prevent HAI and reduce AR statewide. Responsibilities also include developing protocols, procedures, developing goals, and objectives, acquiring and administrating grants, overseeing program functions, developing and directing outreach and education activities statewide, representing the Department to organized groups and the public statewide and nationally.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in a healthcare-related field and five (5) years of work experience.
- One year of project management experience.
- Three (3) years of experience in using data for improvement activities or has one (1) year of experience and has completed formal training.
- Eligible to access the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) program through Secure Access Management Services (SAMS).
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated cultural competences, plus finesse at working with varying work styles are essential.
- Strong organizational skills and the flexibility and ability to manage time, prioritize multiple tasks and workload while meeting deadlines accurately with little supervision.
- Proficiency with all current Microsoft Office programs as well as any other software programs necessary to perform the job.
- Competencies among successful applicants are expected to be consistent with those identified by the Public health Foundation Council on Linkages as Level II.
- Master’s level degree.
- At least three (3) years of clinical healthcare experience in an acute care hospital setting with at least one (1) year additional experience of clinical healthcare experience in extended and/or ambulatory care settings preferred.
- Formal training in Infection Control & Prevention and Antibiotic Resistance.
- Certified Infection Control (CIC) certification from the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology (CBIC).
- Experience in Data management.
Successful applicants will be a creative thinker, energetic, self-starter who enjoys new challenges and are able to function comfortably in a fast paced team environment or independently, relates well to co-workers, stakeholders, and enjoys interacting with the public. This position requires flexibility and the ability to manage time and multiple tasks with little direct supervision.
This position offers a career path to growth and development within the organization. MCD deeply values diversity, inclusiveness, empowerment, and collaboration.
Position: Professional level
Location: Augusta, Maine
Projected start date: Immediately
NOTE: All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
To apply, please submit the following:
- A cover letter and resume
- Your salary expectations
- Two writing samples
- Three professional references
Applications should be sent to MCDCorpHR@mcd.org. Position is open until filled. Please ensure to send all of the requested information to be considered. No phone calls please.
Medical Care Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Organization and Affirmative Action Employer