Project Coordinator – (Immunization Program – Adult)
Do you have a passion for public health in relation to immunizations in the State of Maine? Medical Care Development, Inc. (MCD), a non-profit public health services organization is accepting applications for a Project Coordinator for the Adult Immunization Program. This position works to develop and implement the Adult Immunization Program and ensure that enrolled providers meet minimum State and VFC program standards for eligibility screening, storage and handling, staff training, partnerships, and outreach and education activities in the community. This full-time 40 hour per week position is housed at the Maine CDC Augusta office and is eligible for MCD’s benefit package.
Additional responsibilities are customer service calls from the public and providers, development of curriculum for educational training and technical assistance, and ensure that providers are aware of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practice (ACIP) and Maine Immunization Program (MIP) requirements for storage, handling, and accountability of federally purchased vaccines. This position will maintain site visit data in the Provider Education, Assessment, and Reporting (PEAR) system and assist with completing the Cooperative Agreement reports.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required in health related field, public health, community health education or health education preferred or an equivalent of education and experience. (A combination of four (4) years of education, training, and/or experience in health, public health, or related field.) Master’s level training in related field is a plus.
- Ability to travel around the State of Maine.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong organizational skills and the flexibility and ability to manage time and multiple tasks with little supervision.
- Proficiency with all current Microsoft Office programs as well as any other software programs necessary to perform the job.
- Competencies among successful applicants are expected to be consistent with those identified by the Public Health Foundation Council on Linkages as Level II.
Successful applicant will be a creative thinker, energetic, self-starter who enjoys new challenges and is able to function comfortably in a fast paced team environment or independently, and relate well to co-workers, customers, organizations, and the public.
This position offers a career path to growth and development within the organization. MCD deeply values diversity, inclusiveness, empowerment, and collaboration.
Position: Professional level
Location: Augusta, Maine
Projected start date: Immediately
NOTE: All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
To apply, please submit the following:
- A cover letter and resume
- Your salary expectations
- Two writing samples
- Three professional references
Applications should be sent to MCDCorpHR@mcd.org. Position is open until filled. Please ensure to send all of the requested information to be considered. No phone calls please.
Medical Care Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Organization and Affirmative Action Employer