Membership Manager – Maine Public Health Association
The Maine Public Health Association has served as the voice of public health in Maine for 35 years, and is seeking to grow our staff by hiring a Membership Manager to support our efforts to promote and protect public health in Maine.
Relevant activities include growing and retaining membership, maintaining and organizing MPHA’s membership database, and creating and facilitating public health sections for members. These new public health sections will allow members with shared interests to come together to develop scientific program content and policy papers in their areas of interest or fields of practice; and provide professional and social networking, career development, and mentoring.
The selected candidate will be responsible for MPHA’s membership growth and engagement efforts. The incumbent will work closely with MPHA’s executive director, board members, members, partners, and other stakeholders.
This position is part-time (25 hours/week), with potential for full-time. Benefits negotiable.
The primary responsibilities are to grow and retain Association membership. Key responsibilities include:
- Identifying and recruiting new members to the organization
- Maintaining MPHA’s membership database, including updating members’ contact information; tracking membership, and preparing reports
- Processing member renewals, including oversight of invoicing and renewal notices
- Conducting and analyzing a member survey; overseeing member-focused programming
- Developing and facilitating public health sections for members
- Updating MPHA’s website with membership information and expanding reach in MPHA-led coalitions by engaging new members
- Assisting with communications, including MPHA’s newsletter, social media, and action alerts
- Assisting with the MPHA annual conference and other events, as needed
- Serving as primary staff liaison to MPHA’s Board Membership Committee
Qualifications & Specific Requirements for this Position:
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public health, or relevant area, and/or 2-3 years of non-profit experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Excellent communications, writing and organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders, including board members, members, volunteers, and partners
- Experience with group facilitation
- Ability to work independently; judiciousness in asking for assistance
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well on a team
- Experience with database management platforms preferred
MPHA’s office is located in Augusta. The position is flexible (work from home/MPHA’s office), with some in-state travel required. The incumbent will report to the Executive Director; there are no supervisory expectations.
All interested applicants should email their resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and a writing sample to MPHA’s Executive Director, Rebecca Boulos (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. Please ensure to send all requested information to be considered.
The Maine Public Health Association is Equal Opportunity Employer.