Health Educator Specialist – Prevention & Healthy Living, 40 hrs/week
149 North Street
Waterville, Maine, 04901
MaineGeneral Health has a full time opportunity for a Health Educator to join the staff at the Prevention & Healthy Living Department. The primary role of this position is to conduct health education presentations throughout the MaineGeneral Health service area which may include substance use prevention, harm reduction, naloxone administration, HIV/HCV prevention and safer sex practices.
If you have a passion for community health improvement, we want to hear from you!
- Assists Prevention & Healthy Living Director and Grants Program Manager with Community Health Improvement assessment, program design, implementation and evaluation.
- Organizes and implements Prevention & Healthy Living education initiatives, as assigned.
- Assists MaineGeneral Health Department managers with prevention and health education program design related to priority clinical service lines.
- Provides health education, overdose prevention and harm reduction services to patients and the community. .
- Serves on community health coalition boards, as assigned.
- Collects outcome and process data, maintains statistical records, writes and files reports for Overdose Prevention and harm reduction services..
- Assists with special Community Health Improvement projects, including advocacy and public policy, as assigned.
- Organizes with special Community Health Improvement projects, including advocacy and public health department(s), as assigned.
- Assists Service Director with collaborative relationship building and partnerships with local, state and federal agencies and organizations, as assigned.
- Works collaboratively with other MGH departments on worksite, school-based, and community outreach activities, as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Community Health or related field preferred
- 1 or more years of health education instruction experience is preferred
- Group facilitation experience and skills
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) preferred
- Substance Use Prevention experience strongly preferred
- Needle Exchange Program experience Strongly Preferred
- Proficiency in a suite of Microsoft Office applications
- Competitive Benefit package including Health, Dental, and Disability options
- Generous earned time program
- Retirement plans with employer match