Presented by Dr. Horowitz, former senior scientist, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Health, NIH.
1. Provide background on oral health literacy and why health literacy is an important topic for engaging patients.
2. Discuss what a health literacy environmental scan is and how it fits into a health literate organization.
3. Highlight approaches to evaluating practices and health systems for being health literate/user friendly.
4. Discuss how we can use health literacy strategies to implement USPSTF recommendations around fluoride and engage families in this critical part of their health care.
5. Show examples of how to connect with pregnant moms and infants around oral health