Target Audience: All healthcare, behavioral health and health education professionals
This one-day training assists healthcare professionals to implement effective, motivational strategies, gain confidence when working with patients/clients who use tobacco, understand nicotine addiction and integrate brief, evidence-based tobacco treatment interventions into current practice.
The curriculum includes:
- The Burden of Tobacco Use
- Tobacco Products & Vaping
- Evidence-based Quit Methods
- Motivational Engagement Strategies
- Tobacco Treatment Medications
- The 5 A’s Brief Intervention Model
Continuing Education Credits & Contact Hours (for nursing, dental, alcohol and drug, and physicians) will be available upon completion of an online evaluation. Participants must attend the entire training to receive a certificate or credit.