WIC Program Director – MaineGeneral, 40 hrs; salaried
10 Water Street
Waterville, Maine, 04901
MaineGeneral is looking for a highly motivated, skilled team member to join WIC team as Program Director. We are committed to attracting talented, ambitious people who share our values and strive to provide excellent customer service. This position manages the WIC program in Kennebec and Somerset Counties in accordance with state and federal guidelines and network policies and within the program budget. This position also provides leadership to the WIC staff and is responsible for day-to-day operations of the WIC program.
- Competitive Benefit package including Health, Dental, and Disability options
- Generous earned time program
- Retirement plans with employer match
- Robust employee wellness program
- Acts as a liaison between the state WIC agency and MGH WIC office regarding budget and finances, policy, and procedures
- Supervises daily WIC program activities
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining WIC office and outreach clinic locations
- Writes the WIC grant proposal; develops the WIC program budget; cooperates with community agencies regarding WIC services
- Establish and maintain cordial relationships are maintained with community agencies.
- Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates WIC nutrition staff
- Provides nutrition education to all WIC clients in accordance to State WIC guidelines while ensuring education is appropriate for nutritional status and risk criteria at the same time being sensitive to client’s lifestyle, income level, and family and social considerations.
- Assures the most up-to-date referral and resource information is available for WIC clients.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, health science or related field required
- At least 3 years of WIC experience strongly preferred
- Prior supervisory/managerial and grant management experience strongly preferred
- Must have excellent problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in a suite of Microsoft Office applications