Do you have a passion for public health in relation to youth suicide prevention in the State of Maine? Medical Care Development, Inc. (MCD), a non-profit public health services organization is accepting applications for a Project Coordinator to oversee statewide grant-funded youth suicide prevention activities within the Maine CDC Adolescent Health and Injury Prevention Program. The Project Coordinator will work directly with the Program Manager on the daily operations of the project to carry out the scope of work, including overseeing the work plan and ensuring grant deliverables. This full-time 40-hour per week position is housed at the Maine CDC Augusta office and is eligible for MCD’s benefit package.
In addition to directing and overseeing the day-to-day project activities, the Project Coordinator will collaborate with project agencies, coordinate the development and submission of required reports and data collection, and ensure all program evaluation requirements are completed. This position will plan, conduct, and facilitate meetings to ensure coordination of activities as well as overseeing the development and dissemination of project related materials.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in health-related field is preferred; however, equivalent related work experience may be considered. Such as training and/or experience in planning, program development, coordination and implementation in youth mental health, public health, or a related health field. Master’s level training in related field is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong organizational skills and the flexibility and ability to manage time and multiple tasks with little supervision.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, implement, and manage multiple activities meeting project deadlines.
- Knowledge of contract and grant management.
- Proficiency with all current Microsoft Office programs as well as any other software programs necessary to perform the job. Experience developing communication materials, including flyers, brochures, booklets, etc.
- Competencies among successful applicants are expected to be consistent with those identified by the Public Health Foundation Council on Linkages as Level II.
Successful applicants will be a creative thinker, energetic, self-starter who enjoys new challenges and are able to function comfortably in a fast paced team environment or independently and relate well to co-workers, customers, organizations, and the public.
This position offers a career path to growth and development within the organization. MCD deeply values diversity, inclusiveness, empowerment, and collaboration.
Position: Professional level
Location: Augusta, Maine
Projected start date: Immediately
NOTE: All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
To apply, please submit the following:
- A cover letter and resume
- Your salary expectations
- Two writing samples
- Three professional references
Applications should be sent to MCDCorpHR@mcd.org. Position is open until filled. Please ensure to send all of the requested information to be considered. No phone calls please.
Medical Care Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Organization and Affirmative Action Employer