Project Coordinator – (Health and Wellness Navigator-WellStarME)
Do you have a passion for nutritional and wellness education within community based programs? Medical Care Development, Inc. (MCD), a non-profit public health services organization is accepting applications for a Project Coordinator to serve as the Wellness Navigator with the WellStarME program. This position provides individualized health education and referrals to available and appropriate contracted and community based programs that support the members of the State of Maine Health plan. This exempt, full-time, 40 hour per week position is housed at MCD’s Augusta office and is eligible for MCD’s benefit package.
This position will coordinate and schedule on-site biometric screenings and flu vaccinations, assist in the oversight and training of the contracted vendors providing wellness services, and help with data collection and analysis. In addition, this position will assist program participants in identifying and implementing individual strategies for improving and maintaining their health and wellness, present WellStarME program information at various departments and meetings across the state, provide oversight and coordination of online scheduling systems, deliver technical support and assistance to vendors, and develop content and train vendor staff on policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in health related field, public health, community health education or health education preferred or an equivalent of education and experience. (A combination of four (4) years of education, training, and/or experience in health, public health, or related field.) Master’s level training in related field is a plus.
- Ability to travel around the State of Maine.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong organizational skills and the flexibility and ability to manage time and multiple tasks with little supervision.
- Proficiency with all current Microsoft Office programs as well as any other software programs necessary to perform the job.
- Competencies among successful applicants are expected to be consistent with those identified by the Public Health Foundation Council on Linkages as Level II.
The successful applicant will be a creative thinker, energetic, self-starter who enjoys new challenges and is able to function comfortably in a fast paced team environment or independently and relate well to co-workers, customers, organizations, and the public.
This position offers a career path to growth and development within the organization. MCD deeply values diversity, inclusiveness, empowerment, and collaboration.
Position: Professional level
Location: Augusta, Maine
Projected start date: Immediately
NOTE: All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
To apply, please submit the following:
- A cover letter and resume
- Your salary expectations
- Two writing samples
- Three professional references
Applications should be sent to MCDCorpHR@mcd.org. Position is open until filled. Please ensure to send all of the requested information to be considered. No phone calls please.
Medical Care Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Organization and Affirmative Action Employer