Description: The full time Nutrition Education Coordinator will be responsible for promoting nutrition-based education and active lifestyles to Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) community members throughout York County. The position is based at Coastal Healthy Communities Coalition (CHCC) at the University of New England.
Responsibilities: Plan, coordinate and implement evidence-based nutrition and physical activity services for SNAP eligible community members in York County in accordance with USDA guidelines. Deliver evidence-based services that help participants manage a healthy diet and an active lifestyle on a limited budget. Use appropriate educational strategies and implementation methods to reach and engage people eligible for SNAP support. Programming may include Cooking Matters and Shopping Matters classes, classroom and garden-based nutrition education in schools, and helping childcare sites adopt practices that support healthy eating and physical activity. Meet grant deliverables and expectations, including data collection and reporting requirements. Promote nutrition and physical activity through social marketing materials. Assist with evaluation, data tracking, and reporting.
• Strong nutrition education experience and/or training.
• Experience working with low-income populations.
• Solid understanding of the emergency food system, federal and state nutrition benefits.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work professionally and accurately, within deadlines.
• Highly organized and able to manage multiple assignments and priorities.
• Personable and approachable. Ability to work with diverse people, and to build and maintain strong working relationships.
• Strong communication skills; ability to listen well, speak and write effectively.
• Team player with high professional standards, positive attitude and flexibility.
• Minimum of 3 years relevant experience and a RD or Master’s in Public Health, nutrition or similar advanced training & experience.
Nutrition Education Coordinator