Project Coordinator – (Registered Dental Hygienist – School Oral Health Program)
Do you have a passion for oral health within the State of Maine education system? Medical Care Development, Inc. (MCD), a non-profit public health services organization is accepting applications for a Project Coordinator to serve as a registered dental hygienist (RDH) to provide staff support for the Maine CDC, School Oral Health Program (SOPH). The Project Coordinator must be a self-directed RDH with both a keen attention to detail and follow through to meet deadlines. This exempt, full-time, 40 hour per week position is housed at MCD’s Augusta office and is eligible for MCD’s benefit package. This position is funded through June 30, 2023 with anticipated continued funding.
The Project Coordinator will work with the Maine CDC to select up to 150 elementary schools for participation in the School Oral Health Program (SOHP) services, provide and ensure adequate professional and technical personnel to conduct basic screenings, fluoride supplementation, and dental sealants at participating schools, and when needed, provide direct dental care services to schools. This role will oversee 8 – 12 field Registered Dental Hygienists as well as guide school health nurses and monitor project spending.
This position provides oral health education to students, staff, parents, and guardians participating in the SOHP services, coordinate and provide all supplies, equipment, and maintenance of equipment necessary for professional and technical personnel, develop a process for engaging new and non-participating students, and referrals for immediate follow-up care with a dentist. In addition, the Project Coordinator will participate in selected school based surveys, monthly meetings, and conference calls determined by the Department.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in health related field, public health, community health education or health education preferred or an equivalent of education and experience. (A combination of four (4) years of education, training, and/or experience in health, public health, or related field.) Master’s level training in related field is a plus.
- Registered dental hygienist and be registered as an Independent Practice Dental Hygienist and or have a Public Health Supervision status or be in the process of receiving either designation.
- Ability to travel around the State of Maine.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to participate in high-performing, goal oriented groups.
- Strong organizational skills and the flexibility and ability to manage time and multiple tasks with little supervision.
- Proficiency with all current Microsoft Office programs as well as any other software programs necessary to perform the job.
- Competencies among successful applicants are expected to be consistent with those identified by the Public Health Foundation Council on Linkages as Level II.
Successful applicants will be a creative thinker, energetic, self-starter who enjoys new challenges and are able to function comfortably in a fast paced team environment or independently and relate well to co-workers, customers, organizations, and the public.
This position offers a career path to growth and development within the organization. MCD deeply values diversity, inclusiveness, empowerment, and collaboration.
Position: Professional level
Location: Augusta, Maine
Projected start date: Immediately
NOTE: All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
To apply, please submit the following:
- A cover letter and resume
- Your salary expectations
- Two writing samples
- Three professional references
Applications should be sent to MCDCorpHR@mcd.org. Position is open until filled. Please ensure to send all of the requested information to be considered. No phone calls please.
Medical Care Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Organization and Affirmative Action Employer