The Opportunity Alliance is seeking a Per Diem Oral Health Program Coordinator to join our Public Health Program. This position coordinates all aspects of the Children’s Oral Health Project with the goal of decreasing the incidence of childhood dental caries and increasing the number of school-aged children receiving preventive oral health care. The Coordinator will oversee project activities which include, school screening and fluoride events in partnership with the University of New England, collaboration with The Partnership for Children’s Oral Health regarding long-term program sustainability efforts and data entry into MaineCare’s online billing system.
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal and verbal skills, strong event coordination and organizational skills, and the ability to manage time efficiently and work independently.
This position will ensure project activities for the Children’s Oral Health Project by:
• Serving as the primary contact with the University of New England faculty, to include faculty from the School of Dental Hygiene, School of Medicine, School of Dental Medicine and Public Health programs;
• Serving as the primary contact with funders, which involves completing contractual obligations, maintaining communication, and tracking data;
• Conducing oral health screenings and fluoride varnish treatments in schools with a small number of children to be seen and billing MaineCare as appropriate; and,
• Maintaining a current list of local dental providers and assisting families with acquiring a dental home visit as needed
This is a per diem, hourly position. Coordination can be done remotely and travel will be required throughout the Lakes Region and York County.
• Three (3) years of dental hygiene experience required, preferably in the public health arena.
• Must be registered and have an active license to practice in Maine as a dental hygienist.
• Must currently have or be able to obtain Public Health Supervision status or be licensed as an Independent Practice Dental Hygienist from the Maine Board of Dental Examiners within 30 days of hire, required.
• Must maintain professional liability insurance.
• Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in children’s oral health required.
• Must be able to able to successfully pass a criminal background, child protective service check & sex offender check and must not be on the state or federal suspension and disbarment list.
• Must be able to exert moderate physical effort with occasional standing, walking, reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, typing and frequently lift and carry small children or material weighing up to 25 pounds.
• Driving may be necessary to attend meetings, school events, trainings and for the occasional need to meet with clients offsite and within the program service area. This may include transportation of clients or driving to agency location to complete work. A good driving record is required.
Pay is competitive and will be based on experience and education.
The Opportunity Alliance (TOA) is a multi-service, comprehensive, high impact organization providing 46 integrated community based and clinical programs serving more than 20,000 people annually throughout the state of Maine. TOA tackles some of our community’s most pressing problems: poverty, homelessness, mental illness, substance use, and domestic violence. Our programming draws from a wide range of resources, blending evidence-based practices with practical experience and community resources. TOA is a trauma informed organization and we utilize clinical approaches in training staff and designing programs.
The Opportunity Alliance is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are viewing this listing on a third-party website, please visit our Careers page at https://www.opportunityalliance.org/careers to apply. Thank you!