Organization: Southern Maine Health Care
Facility: Southern Maine Health Care
Department: MaineHealth – Southern Maine Health Care/Partners Health Comm Grant
Std Hrs/Wk: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Full/Part Time: 40
The Tobacco Prevention Coordinator is responsible for partnering with a variety of organizations such as worksites, municipalities, landlords and schools to assist in the development and revision of smoke free policies across all of York District. The position is responsible for tracking and reporting of all grant objectives under the Maine Prevention Services grant.
- Position Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Partners for Healthier Communities Director, the Prevention Coordinator plans, develops, organizes, conducts, and evaluates, health promotion interventions to improve public health; develops and disseminates health education information; and provides technical assistance to statewide and community agencies, and departmental staff in various health promotion related programs. The Primary area of focus includes tobacco prevention with other topics assigned as dictated by contract obligations.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Community Health Education, or a Health Education field preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience in community or health education program planning, development, implementation, and evaluation required. Directly related work experience may be substituted for education on a year-to-year basis.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong organization and time management skills are essential.
- Ability to professionally interface with physicians, community partners, hospital administration, and town/state officials.
- Grant writing/management experience helpful.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs required.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule.
- A valid driver’s license and motor vehicle insurance are required.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://www.careersatmainehealth.org/job/9536671/tobacco-prevention-coordinator/