Maine Resilience Building Network
Engagement and Training Director
The Maine Resilience Building Network (MRBN) was formed in February 2012. MRBN promotes resilience in Maine’s communities, children and families by increasing the understanding of the impacts of traumas and stressors such as Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES) and the importance of promoting family and community protective factors and resilience-building relationships. We aim for a comprehensive, cross-sector, and systematic approach to foster education, awareness and action. MRBN offers trainings, capacity building, and technical assistance efforts that support preventing adversity, strengthening protective factors and building resilience.
MRBN is a leader in the field of ACEs education and resilience building in Maine. We lead and collaborate with other organizations and policy makers to improve the health and well- being of Maine families, children and adults. The collaborative network has over 900 members from across Maine. The MRBN Network Engagement and Training Director Contractor co-leads and engages in continuous activities under the direction of the Leadership Team.
The Engagement and Training Director reports to the MRBN Interim Executive Director.
• Demonstrated passion for and investment in the Network’s values and commitment to deliver results measured against MRBN’s mission.
• Demonstrated personal and professional commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
• Demonstrated qualities of the highest personal and professional integrity, along with a sense of humor.
• Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative, energetic approach; able to develop productive relationships with a diverse group of colleagues, funders, consultants, network members, and others who contribute to organization development and business management.
• Imaginative thinking about opportunities to create and respond to novel and innovative approaches to addressing issues, and the ability to inspire others to work toward achieving the Network’s goals.
• Proven ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, enthusiasm, and diplomacy both individuality and as part of a team.
Skills and Responsibilities
• Serves as a MRBN co-lead with the MRBN Business Director.
• Familiarity with trauma informed practice.
• Ensures consistency and quality across all services;
o Leads the design, implementation and evaluation of new and on-going MRBN training initiatives, programs, capacity building offerings in a way that is integrated with strategy and other initiatives.
o Promotes and manages all program and protocol design.
o Leads internal and external stakeholders and cross theme work groups to achieve design and manage strategy initiatives.
o Identifies, maintains, trains, and supervises cohort of content and technical assistance trainers to respond to resilience building and trauma- informed programming assuring fidelity evaluation.
o Establishes a systematic approach to obtain and review trainer assignments and assessments.
o Promotes trainer cohort synergy and professional development.
• Develops data base, analyze and evaluate all aspects of the training initiatives to ensure fidelity.
• Leads and participates in continuous efforts to develop and modify trainings in response to changes in the field.
• Develops and monitors annual programs and training budget.
• Collaborates with MRBN Interim Director to lead network and achieve growth metrics
• In conjunction with the Interim Director builds relationships with, and serves as connector and convener of, foundations, experts, leadership organization and other key partners to make concrete and formalized agreements regarding forms of contributions.
• In conjunction with Interim Director leads communication to increase MRBN membership to achieve growth metric, monitors all membership activities and benefits.
• Leads in efforts with Board of Advisors, program staff, consultants, funders and external organizations to plan, secure funding, and develop initiatives and programs.
• Leads in MRBN marketing design strategies and plan to advance MRBN initiatives.
• Lead grant writing and grant management in collaboration with all staff.
• Advances outreach and communication to all sectors to advance MRBN membership.
• Works collaboratively across functional area to manage and coordinate new program launches.
• Utilizes adult instructional and learner theory and principals.
• Participates in the organization and co-leads network members meetings and membership activities.
• Provides oversight and contributes to the MRBN website, Social Media, Resources and Good Works in collaboration with team.
• Effective and clear oral, presentation and writing skills
• Strong project management skills.
• Supervises intern(s) as identified to advance strategy.
• Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative, energetic approaches; able to develop productive relationships with a diverse group of colleagues, funders, consultants, network members, and others who contribute to organization development and business management.
• Ability to travel-statewide and representation of the Network at outside meetings.
• Experience with a variety of software applications including but not limited to database programs, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Office 365 programs.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
Out of state travel may be required. Onsite co-space for teaming and meetings. Tasks are carried out with occasional lifting and transporting of materials. While performing these duties of the job the contract position requires work at a desk for extended time with a laptop computer. The contract employee is required to attend meetings on-site and off-site, via phone, and video conferencing. Requires a fully insured Vehicle and is contracted for one year.
Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Health, Social Services, Social Work, Community Health, Public Health. Minimum of five years of experience with curriculum, training and program evaluation design, public speaking and training. Proven knowledge of adult instructional and learner theory and principals. Proven track record of curriculum design, delivery and community cultivation. Proven record in a high pressure, fast paced environment. Demonstrated extensive grant writing experience. Proven record in a high pressure, fast paced environment.
Full time. Contract Rate: $36.00-$48.00 per hour based on experience.
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Closing date May 17, 2019.