Do you have a passion for public health within Maine’s school system for Maine’s youth? Medical Care Development, Inc. (MCD), a nonprofit public health services organization is accepting applications for a public health professional to join our team and serve as the Project Coordinator for the Maine Integrated Youth Health Survey (MIYHS) project. This position is full-time, 40 hours per week and will be located at the Maine CDC office in Augusta, Maine. This position is eligible for MCD’s benefit package.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for conducting program planning and implementation work with the Maine CDC Division of Disease Prevention (DDP) staff, the Tobacco and Substance Use Prevention and Control team, and project partners. The position will be responsible for ensuring smooth planning and execution of the Maine Integrated Youth Health Survey (MIYHS) on a biannual basis, including dissemination of its results.
This position will coordinate and maintain the MIYHS data efforts for the Department and Maine Department of Education (MDOE) by ensuring data collected is supported according to the most recent protocol and by providing support for ad hoc requests. The Project Coordinator will prepare for and support ongoing MIYHS implementation by ensuring efficient planning execution of the MIYHS, coordinating state-level partners and planning efforts, maintaining communications with stakeholders, identifying and implementing recruitment strategies, and providing support for the administration of MIYHS. This position will produce and distribute new reports using new and existing data from MIYHS surveys administered to school districts. The Project Coordinator will assist DDP programs and staff regarding the use of evidence-based interventions and data monitoring to inform program goals and activities.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in health related field preferred or an equivalent of education and experience. (A combination of four (4) years of education, training, and/or experience in health, public health, or related field.) Master’s level training in related field is a plus.
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated cultural competences, plus finesse at working with varying work styles are essential.
- Strong organizational skills and the flexibility and ability to manage time, prioritize tasks & workload while meeting deadlines accurately with little direct supervision.
- Ability to engage team members and stakeholders.
- Proficiency with all current Microsoft Office programs as well as any other software programs necessary to perform the job.
- Competencies among successful applicants are expected to be consistent with those identified by the Public health Foundation Council on Linkages as Level II.
Successful applicants will be a creative thinker, energetic, self-starter who enjoys new challenges and are able to function comfortably in a fast paced team environment or independently and relate well to co-workers, stakeholders, and the public. Strong applicants will have demonstrated knowledge of public and private insurance options as well as data analysis, budgeting, and forecasting skills.
This position offers a career path to growth and development within the organization. MCD deeply values diversity, inclusiveness, empowerment, and collaboration.
Position: Professional level
Location: Augusta, Maine
Projected start date: Immediately
NOTE: All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
To apply, please submit the following:
- A cover letter and resume
- Your salary expectations
- Two writing samples
- Three professional references
Applications should be sent to MCDCorpHR@mcd.org. Position is open until filled. Please ensure to send all of the requested information to be considered. No phone calls please.
Medical Care Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Organization and Affirmative Action Employer