MCD Public Health, a Division of Medical Care Development (MCD), Inc., a not-for-profit health services organization, in collaboration with the Maine CDC, is seeking a public health professional to join our team and serve as Project Coordinator, primarily handling administrative duties for the AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) operated by the HIV/STD/Viral Hepatitis Program of Maine DHHS. This position will be housed in Augusta at the Maine CDC office. This is a full time 40 hour per week position and is eligible for MCD’s benefits package.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for assisting program staff by conducting policy research, analysis, and development, and creating practical, Maine-specific recommendations and materials that programs and communities will be able to use to reduce the burden of disease. This position will also assist in project planning, implementation, evaluation, and reporting.
We are looking for an energetic self-starter who enjoys working both in a team environment or independently, relates well with co-workers, and enjoys interacting with the public.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in the health-related field is preferred; however, equivalent related work experience may be considered. Master’s level training in related field is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of public and private insurance options as well as data analysis, budgeting and forecasting skills.
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated cultural competences, plus finesse at working with varying work styles of others are essential.
- Proficient with all current Microsoft Office programs as well as any other software programs necessary to perform the job.
- Ability to effectively manage time, and varying priorities while meeting deadlines.
Successful applicants will be a creative thinker, energetic, self-starter who enjoys new challenges and are able to function comfortably in a fast paced team environment or independently and relate well to co-workers, stakeholders, and the public. This position requires flexibility and the ability to manage time and multiple tasks with little direct supervision.
This position offers a career path to growth and development within the organization. MCD deeply values diversity, inclusiveness, empowerment, and collaboration.
Position: Professional level
Location: Augusta, Maine
start date: Immediately
NOTE: All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
To apply, please submit the following:
- A cover letter and resume
- Your salary expectations
- Two writing samples
- Three professional references
Applications should be sent to MCDCorpHR@mcd.org. Position is open until filled.
Please ensure to send all of the requested information to be considered. No phone calls please.
Medical Care Development is an Equal Opportunity Organization and Affirmative Action Employer.