Do you have a passion for public health and the effects of environmental challenges within Maine’s population? Medical Care Development, Inc. (MCD), a nonprofit public health services organization is accepting applications for a Project Assistant for the Radon Program to join our team! This position will be housed in Augusta with staff at the Maine CDC office. The Project Assistant position is a non-exempt, full-time 40 hour per week position that is eligible for MCD’s benefit package. This position is funded through June 30, 2020 with anticipated continued funding.
The Project Assistant will provide staff support for the Maine CDC, Division of Environmental and Community Health (DECH), Radon Program. The position requires a person with both a keen attention to detail and follow through to meet deadlines. This position will interact with key internal and external stakeholders and must possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
The Project Assistant will assist with Radon coordination services including assisting with duties related to registration, trainings, assessments, and enforcement to Radon service providers such as, laboratories, testers, and mitigators, in order to protect the public health of Maine residents. Additional services include meeting with the public and industry regarding activities related to radon education and technical support and provide the same assistance by phone or e-mail and maintain confidentiality in accordance with applicable Maine State laws and Maine Department of Health and Human Services policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or related field is preferred. A combination of (4) years of education and experience in environmental sciences, health, public health, or related field may be considered.
- Competencies among successful candidates are expected to be consistent with those identified by the Public Health Foundation Council on Linkages as Level II.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and demonstrated cultural competence are essential.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage workload and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet required deadlines.
- Detailed knowledge of MS Office programs as well as other software necessary to perform the job.
Successful applicants will be a creative thinker, energetic, self-starter who enjoys new challenges and are able to function comfortably in a fast paced team environment or independently and relate well to co-workers, stakeholders, and the public. This position requires flexibility and the ability to manage time and multiple tasks with little direct supervision.
This position offers a career path to growth and development within the organization. MCD deeply values diversity, inclusiveness, empowerment, and collaboration.
Position: Professional level
Location: Augusta, Maine
Projected start date: Immediately
NOTE: All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
To apply, please submit the following:
- A cover letter and resume
- Your salary expectations
- Two writing samples
- Three professional references
Applications should be sent to MCDCorpHR@mcd.org. Position is open until filled.
Please ensure to send all of the requested information to be considered. No phone calls please.
Medical Care Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Organization
and Affirmative Action Employer