Purpose: To coordinate and oversee the implementation of the statewide Opioid and Other Substance Use Prevention Grant with the Maine Dept. of Health and Human Service Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
• Coordinate and oversee implementation of the work plan in accordance with Maine DHHS guidance.
• Provide technical assistance, training and local program oversight to sub-recipients as well as other state agencies or organizations that provide prevention services.
• Monitor progress of and provide technical assistance to districts to assist them in the completion of their objectives.
• Coordinate all preventative training programs and UNE program regional learning collaborative meetings in conjunction with other program staff.
• Provide coordination of program communications.
• Ensure reporting processes of the sub-recipients in accordance with the program grant contract.
• Assure that grant deliverables and expectations are met as set by Maine DHHS and UNE.
• Participate on program management team.
• Participate in statewide work groups as assigned.
• Travel to various sites within Maine.
• Master of Public Health degree and 3 to 5 years of experience with implementation of community health initiatives, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
• Expertise in substance abuse/tobacco prevention programs.
• Demonstrate clear and effective communication skills with groups and individuals, including verbal, written, and group presentations.
• Must be a Certified Prevention Specialist or willing to obtain certification.
• Must have strong Excel skills.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
To learn more & apply: https://une.peopleadmin.com/postings/5302