Full job description may be found here.
A comprehensive set of skills and abilities is required to lead MCF during this exciting period of growth—to ensure that the Foundation continues to invest strategically, convene effectively and lead the state boldly into a cancer-free future. As the Foundation’s public face, the executive director must be highly engaging, articulate and energetic. We expect that the successful candidate will bring the following to the role:
• Strong track record of organizational leadership
• Passion for MCF’s mission and a personal connection to the cause
• Collaborative leadership style
• Knowledge of Maine’s healthcare system and philanthropic community
• Keen interest in the issues surrounding cancer prevention and treatment
• Experience building effective relationships and enduring partnerships
• Demonstrated strength in developing and executing a multifaceted fundraising strategy
• Exceptional public speaking skills and a high degree of comfort with various constituencies in one-on-one interactions and large-group settings
• Confidence, optimism, warmth and a sense of humor
• Ability to think outside the box while maintaining strategic focus and recognizing capacity limits
• Deep appreciation for Maine’s geographic challenges, diverse communities and distinct culture
• Readiness to advocate at the state and federal levels on behalf of Mainers affected by cancer
MCF’s new executive director will earn a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary commensurate with experience. This position reports directly to the board of directors. The successful candidate can expect a formal review after six months as well as an annual review.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Starboard Leadership Consulting at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter and resume should contain detailed information concerning work experience, past successes, leadership experience and qualifications. Please be prepared to provide contact information for professional references upon request.
Paper copies may be sent to Lisa Belyea, Starboard Leadership Consulting, 84 Harlow St., Suite 4, Bangor, ME 04401, but electronic submission of materials is preferred. No phone inquiries, please. Review of applications will begin on February 4, 2019.