Do you have a passion for healthy, local food and agricultural education of students in Maine schools? Medical Care Development, Inc. (MCD), a nonprofit public health services organization in collaboration with Healthy Communities of the Capital Area (HCCA) is accepting applications for a Project Coordinator for the Maine Farm to School Network to join our team! This position is part-time, 30 hours per week with occasional evening and weekend work as well as statewide and out of state travel. This position is grant funded for 2 years with the possibility of renewal and is eligible for MCD’s benefit package.
The Maine Farm to School Network (MFSN) is led by a Leadership Council of farm to school stakeholders whose mission is to build a communication and coordination infrastructure at the school and community level to support farm to school programs throughout Maine. The Project Coordinator will oversee implementation of the Network’s strategic plan priorities while advancing farm to school strategies and partnerships across the state of Maine with the goal of increasing procurement of Maine produced foods by schools, experiential agricultural education, and school gardens.
In collaboration with the MFSN team, this position will support the missions of HCCA and MFSN for outreach and farm to school initiatives including developing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders, serve as the primary contact for MFSN, and work with the MFSN Leadership Council and partners on network development and strategy. The Project Coordinator will design outreach and publicity materials including regular e-newsletters and partner organization activities/events, and manage MFSN website content and social media accounts. This position will also provide general administrative and organizational support to MFSN including subcommittees and affiliated Maine Farm to Institution (MEFTI) Network. The Project Coordinator will facilitate meetings including developing agendas, coordinating logistics, etc.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in health related field or an equivalent of education and experience. (A combination of four (4) years of education, training, and/or experience in health, public health, or related field.)
- Excellent public speaking and writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills, strong interest in network building, and organizational promotion and visibility.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Google Apps, website content management, and marketing materials development using Canva or similar software.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage workload and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to engage team members.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to interact effectively with diverse constituents both remotely and in-person.
- Experience within local food systems, particularly as related to farm to school.
- Experience developing and delivering webinars.
- Experience with event planning and fundraising.
Successful applicants will be a creative thinker, energetic, self-starter who enjoys new challenges and are able to function comfortably in a fast paced team environment or independently and relate well to co-workers, stakeholders, and the public. This position requires flexibility and the ability to manage time and multiple tasks with little direct supervision.
This position offers a career path to growth and development within the organization. MCD deeply values diversity, inclusiveness, empowerment, and collaboration.
Position: Professional level
Location: Gardiner, Maine
Projected start date: Immediately
NOTE: All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
To apply, please submit the following:
- A cover letter and resume
- Your salary expectations
- Two writing samples (URL address acceptable)
- Three professional references
Applications should be sent to MCDCorpHR@mcd.org. Position is open until filled.
Please ensure to send all of the requested information to be considered. No phone calls please.
MCD deeply values diversity, inclusiveness, empowerment, and collaboration.
Medical Care Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Organization and Affirmative Action Employer