This position supports Tobacco Prevention Services within the Center for Tobacco Independence (CTI) – a grant funded initiative to prevent tobacco initiation, protect from secondhand smoke and promote access to treatment through the Maine Tobacco HelpLine. As part of the initiative, CTI contracts with 14 agencies throughout the state – called District Tobacco Prevention Partners (DTPPs) – to ensure that tobacco prevention efforts are effectively maintained across Maine. In particular, this position supports the development of materials and processes that are supportive of both state- and local-level implementation of tobacco prevention efforts. This includes but is not limited to: the development of model, evidence-based policies or programs; the development and delivery of training and technical assistance opportunities to support effective program implementation; and the development of systems to track local-level implementation efforts. The position requires knowledge of program development particularly at the community-level, principles of public health prevention and promotion, database maintenance development.
- Position Summary
This position provides program coordination support to one or more MaineHealth programs. The incumbent are accountable for supporting the development, implementation, operation, and daily coordination of assigned programs. Incumbent assists in organizing processes that ensure program goals are met, measured, analyzed, evaluated and reported. They are the first level of contact for all vendors, internal and external stakeholders. Works closely with the program team.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1 – 2 years of healthcare or related work experience. May require experience in a specific program area.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Finance Management skills, and experience working with complex spreadsheets.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to model professional behavior by working as a valuable team member, respecting others, and maintaining open and honest communication.
To learn more and/or to apply, please visit: https://www.careersatmainehealth.org/job/8364948/program-coordinator-tobacco-prevention-program/.