Healthy Promotion Coordinator – Substance Use and Tobacco Prevention
Job Summary: The general function and responsibility of this full-time professional position is to coordinate health promotion program activities of Healthy Androscoggin. This may include, but is not limited to, coordination of physical activity initiatives; nutrition initiatives; tobacco prevention initiatives; substance abuse prevention initiatives; and childhood lead poisoning prevention initiatives.
Requirements: A Bachelor’s degree in public health, health education, nutrition or related field preferred. Minimum of 3 years experience required in: community organizing, obesity prevention, prevention planning, public health, health promotion, nutrition and/or health education. The successful candidate must be able to work independently, objectively analyze programs and problem solve. The following skills are also needed: excellent written and verbal communication, strong interpersonal skills, computer skills, group-facilitation, and ability to pay close attention to detail. Ability to speak multiple languages preferred, but not required.
Skills: Proficient computer knowledge in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Access.
Overview: The general function and responsibility of this full-time professional position is to provide state-of-the-art expertise in substance use and tobacco prevention, health promotion, outreach and education activities of the Tobacco and Substance Use prevention grants through the University of New England (UNE) and MaineHealth; and other grants as appropriate. All prevention grants are working toward decreasing substance use/abuse and tobacco use among youth and adults; and building collaboration between community entities. The Substance Use and Tobacco Coordinator will report directly to the Substance Use Prevention Manager. This position will be required to keep detailed records for reporting and evaluation. The candidate will work independently, be well-organized, and possess a strong attention to detail. Travel is required throughout the Western Public Health District and occasionally to statewide trainings in a central location. A minimum Provisional Prevention Certification or willingness to obtain certification required.
· Ensure the implementation of all substance use and tobacco prevention activities as outlined in the UNE and MaineHealth grants.
· Assist with coalition assessments; local service area assessments and helps to ensure the work plans are in line with local and state strategic plans, including the SPF-SIG strategic plan, the State Health Plan and Healthy Androscoggin’s organizational strategic plan.
· Organize and assesses community partners who are providing tobacco cessation services and ensures treatment options are available to the community, including the Tobacco Support Group.
· Plan and implement social marketing campaigns as outlined in the Strategic Prevention Plan and in the tobacco prevention work plans.
· Conduct outreach and training activities with community partners as outlined in the grant work plans.
· Staff and assist with organizing the Project Unite Committee, which is in part responsible for implementing and steering the substance use prevention activities for the County.
· Keep informed of substance use and tobacco policy and serves as the legislative advocate on tobacco policy matters for the coalition.
· Maintain positive working relationships with local agencies (including hospitals and other health care and social service organizations), municipal governments, schools, law enforcement, businesses and other work sites, civic and community groups, media, parents, youth and other community members. Network on local and state level.
· Assist with the development of a Comprehensive Community Prevention Plan that addresses substance use and tobacco and includes a cultural competency plan.
· Serve as a positive spokesperson for the projects.
· Attend required trainings and meetings, both in-person and online, in accordance with grant funding.
· Complete reporting and evaluation processes as set by MaineHealth, Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention, and UNE.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Substance Abuse Prevention Manager and/or the Executive Director of Healthy Androscoggin.
To Apply, please visit: https://www.healthcaresource.com/cmmc/index.cfm?fuseaction=search.jobDetails&template=dsp_job_details.cfm&cJobId=10171348&fwkMethod=L&fwkKey=2005_2487_0_0_180420105104_1524235864483_4179#sthash.ovZxQAoV.dpbs