Maine Cancer Foundation
Community Outreach Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Community Engagement
IN COOPERATION WITH: All Staff
The Community Outreach Manager is responsible for driving community engagement, outreach, education, and advocacy on behalf of MCF. The role is full-time with occasional weekend and evening hours, including but not limited to required attendance at three annual major events.
Job Responsibilities (not intended to be all inclusive)
Public Outreach and Presentation Responsibilities
- Develop and implement annual outreach plan targeting businesses, civic groups, legislators, schools, and other high traffic organizations. Responsibilities include education, program engagement and sponsor solicitation.
- Serve as an Ambassador of the mission of MCF in front of a variety of audiences.
- Seek opportunities for Executive Director and Board Members to appear/speak to appropriate audiences
- Develop and maintain visual presentations for a variety of audiences
- Work proactively to identify opportunities for PR and media placement.Development Responsibilities
- Work with Board of Directors and Development Committee to harness in-house resources to drive corporate interest and financial support of MCF mission and events
- Work with Community Engagement staff to identify, support and grow community fundraising events
- Work with Annual Giving Manager to ensure accuracy of donor and sponsor records
- Secure sponsorship of major events from existing partners and identify new sponsorship revenueCommunications Responsibilities
- Work with Director of Community Engagement and Director of Programming to define key targets and messaging to disseminate the mission and grant-making priorities of MCF.
- Work with all staff to develop and maintain portfolio of stories for use in outbound communications
- Suggest communications content and appeal messaging in collaboration with Community Engagement team
- Write content marketing pieces in collaboration with the Director of Community Engagement
- Occasionally visit with grant recipients and donors to gather stories, video, and interviewsOther Responsibilities
- Provide office and on-site support for special events as needed
- Other general duties as required
- 3-5 years of experience in outreach, education, and/or advocacy with increasing responsibilities
- Experience working with and creating outreach strategy to numerous and varied partners
- Demonstrated comfort with public speaking to variety of audiences
- Experience with fundraising, especially with corporate and community groups
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Strong relationship building and collaborative skills; ability to take divergent views and build consensus
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including copywriting, PowerPoint presentations
- Self-starter with demonstrated track record of proactive project generation
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Understanding and usage of a CMS (Drupal preferred) and a CRM
- Graphic design skills (InDesign, Photoshop, CRM systems, Drupal)
- Experience in marketing or sales for nonprofit organization, medical center or prevention and outreach program
Maine Cancer Foundation is a Maine-based nonprofit organization dedicated to reducing cancer incidence and mortality for the people of Maine with a strong emphasis on prevention, screening and improving patient outcomes. Maine Cancer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org